Inka | Minimal Blog WordPress Theme
Inka is a minimal blogging WordPress theme for traveling, fashion food and lifestyles blogs.Built with the best coding practices in mind. You can easily customize Inka with live customizer and see the changes instantly. Modify colors, font styles, featured slider, social profiles etc. Stay connected with your readers with Mailchimp newsletter and Contact Form 7. Show your fresh Instagram photos on your website. Inka is fully WPML compatible. Additionally, Inka comes with a standard and list layouts. Start your next blog with Inka WordPress theme.
What buyers said about our products
Main features
- Featured Slider
- Custom About, Popular posts widgets
- Standard and list layouts
- Fast page loading speed, SEO optimized
- WordPress theme customizer
- One click demo import
- Gallery, video, audio post types
- Left sidebar, right sidebar or Fullwidth layouts
- Instagram widget
- Sticky header and Back to top options
- Excerpt length option
- Typography and color options
- Translation ready
- Mailchimp newsletter widget
- Social profiles shortcode
- Contact Form 7
- Fully responsive and retina ready
- Google fonts
- Extended documentation
- Amazing 5 star support
- And much more…
Support
If you have any questions feel free to visit our Support Forum
Update Log
Version 1.0.6 – October 31, 2017
- Bug fix:
can't set target attribute on footer link
- Files updated:
inc/customizer.php
Version 1.0.5 – October 29, 2017
- Bug fix:
child theme styles was loaded before customizer styles
navigation on mobile devices
- Files updated:
style.css,
inka-child/functions.php
Version 1.0.4 – October 22, 2017
- Feature Added:
switch to single hero post instead of slider in customizer
- File added:
template-parts/featured-hero.php
- Files updated:
inc/customizer.php,
index.php
Version 1.0.3 – October 19, 2017
- Bug fix:
translated string "Share:"
- Files updated:
template-parts/content-single.php,
languages/inka.pot
Version 1.0.2 – October 6, 2017
- Bug fix:
social pinterest icon not showing
- Files updated:
customizer.php
- Updated: Documentation
Version 1.0.1 – October 5, 2017
- Bug fix: style.css (navigation, instagram, hero slider)
- Files updated: demo-content.xml
Version 1.0 – September 26, 2017
- Initial Release
How do I find out what are the best upload sizes for the pictures. I am always searching what kind of maesures the pictures have?????
ReplyDeleteHello.
ReplyDeleteIdeal size for posts would be 814×571. We will include this information in documentation.
Regards.
Simple, straight forward access to a manual seems to be lacking? Went onsite to signup for support and error message regard Envato key kept coming up (telling me I had blanks when there weren’t any).
ReplyDeleteHello.
ReplyDeleteDocumentation is included in downloadable package. If you have difficulties to signup in support forum, simply drop me a message via profile – https://themeforest.net/user/deothemes
Regards.
Hi there. Nice theme, but I have a question: Can I change the main page post format to show full content?
ReplyDeleteThanks.
Hi. Yes, but it will require few lines of code to be edited. Just drop me a line, I’ll help you with that.
ReplyDeleteCheers.
Loving the theme, however the Instagram widget won’t import more than 2 images (I’m using a #tag reference) – is there a fix for this? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHello.
ReplyDeleteCan you check if you use proper image hastags. They shoud be the same.
where can I translate “Share” text?
ReplyDeleteHi. Please check the latest update. In your theme replace these files:
ReplyDeletetemplate-parts/content-single.php
languages/inka.pot
After this you can translate Share: text in any editor (PoEdit, EasyPo).
Regards.
It seems that there may be an issue with Theme updates. Whenever I re-download the theme from Themeforrest it still downloads the 1.0.0 version. I also tried updating the theme using the Envato Worker plug-in but unfortunately that also didn’t work. What can I do to properly update the theme?
ReplyDeleteHello. It’s a small bug about style.css, the theme is updated. We’ve updated style.css, you can download update and replace it.
ReplyDeleteCheers.
Okay it seems that I’ve got version 1.0.3 now. I’m on a 1080p screen resolution and there seems to be no space between the Instagram feed and the social icons underneath. When my viewport is smaller, the spacing gets increased. Is it possible to have a default spacing between those too items regardless of viewport width? Next to that I also have a problem with my custom css. I am trying to style the color of an active nav menu item, which I do in a child theme style.css. This css seems to be overruled by the theme customizer. Is there anything to do about that? And last, when I choose to show only 1 post in the feautured slider, it displays that post 3 times. Can I fix this with custom css?
ReplyDeleteHello.
ReplyDeleteAbout the first issue I can’t detect it on our end. Could you provide demo link or some additional info about it? Did the issue appear after recent update?
2. You can add !important to the css property to make it stronger. Like so:
.nav__menu > .active > a { color: #000 !important; }
3. Slider behave this way that it’s repeating image, cuz of the slider structure (it shows the sides of other slides). We can include option for switching to single hero image instead of slider.
Regards.
We’ve updated the theme, there is a new feature – switch to single hero post.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy
I just saw the update, thank you! I already fixed the Instagram feed bug myself, by adding a 15% margin-bottom. So that’s alright. I also managed to fix the menu item color by addding the custom css to the ‘Extra CSS’ tab in the customizer instead of in my child theme. But of course it would be even better if I could just put in in the style.css of my child theme. I’ve tried to change the enqueue in the functions file but sadly that didn’t help a single bit. I figured out tho that only the options that are customizable via the Theme Customizer overrule my child theme css so that’s an upside! For now it’ll be fine to just use a workaround. But would it be possible to set my theme up in a way that the child theme style.css gets loaded After the Kirka customizer style?
ReplyDeleteThis comment is currently being reviewed.
ReplyDeleteHere is a workaround for this issue, replace the functions.php code of your child theme with this:
ReplyDelete<?php
function deo_enqueue_styles() {
wp_dequeue_style( 'deo_main' );
wp_enqueue_style( 'deo_parent_style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'deo_enqueue_styles', 11 );
function deo_enqueue_child_styles() {
wp_enqueue_style( 'deo_child_style', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css', array('deo_parent_style'));
}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'deo_enqueue_child_styles', 9999 );
Thanks! This seems to have fixed the issues. I found another bug, via the Theme Customizer I am trying to insert a link with a ‘targer=”_blank”’ attribute in the footer text. However, the target attribute gets removed from the link after I save it, thus making it impossible to open the link in a new tab. Could this be a bug relating to your theme or does WordPress not allow certain attributes in tags? (I have a temporary fix now by hard coding the link in the theme files but this is not optimal for future theme updates so it still would be nice if you could provide a fix for this.)
ReplyDeleteHello.
ReplyDeleteYes, that’s a small bug in customizer.php. We’ll fix it in the next update.
Regards.
Thank you for all your help. I’ll await the next update. Sincerely
ReplyDeleteCheck the update, customizer.php file updated. You can add target now. Cheers
ReplyDeleteThank you! Bug has been fixed indeed. Please don’t forget to also update the version number. style.css still shows 1.0.5, so WordPress didn’t list an update. I had to manually install this one, no biggie ofcourse but just a reminder for the future
ReplyDeleteThanks for your feedback. Cheers.
ReplyDeleteHow can I make my logo appear smaller on a computer and a mobile screen?
ReplyDeleteHello.
ReplyDeleteYou can add this style to Appearance -> Customize -> Custom CSS.
Just set any size that you need in pixels.
// Desktop
.logo {
max-height: 80px;
}
// Mobile
@media only screen and (max-width: 991px)
.logo {
max-height: 60px;
}
Cheers.
I entered this and changed the pixels, but nothing changed.
ReplyDeleteOk, just remove comments. The first style is for desktop, the second for mobile screens.
ReplyDeleteThe code should look like this:
.logo {
max-height: 80px;
}
@media only screen and (max-width: 991px)
.logo {
max-height: 60px;
}
It works for the desktop, but not for the mobile screen.
ReplyDelete